- Sellel teemal on 0 vastust, viimati uuendatud 11 months tagasi
21. juuli 2020 at 09:15 #8230AinKeymaster
To connect people, who possibly could design and implement an EU project (why EU – just thinking of possible funding – but there may be also other options if someone has ideas – as we have participants from both South and North Americas), focused on pavement issues, to build up common platform, to develop and test methodology (from material studies to practical measurement in quality control) and possibly also software, to assist engineers in their everyday work. Even if the dimensioning of layers thickness is based on standard drawings and nobody speaks about bearing capacity – it can be calculated (using Odemark formula, as example).
Scheme would contain:
– measuring material properties (E-modulus, dependence from moisture content) for all materials of case (result may be used in design procedures, layer thickness dimensioning software)
– calculating from known data (material E modulus and layer thickness) the bearing capacity within the depth of impact of LWD (this bearing capacity is directly linked with the mode of measurement – device, stress and plate diameter)
– comparison of calculated values with measured bearing capacity on said layer – thats Quality Control.
Recent development in US but also in Germany, is towards rather complicated software, which acts as basis to develop/test standard solutions, not for engineer’s everyday work (btw, same plan in Lithuania). Have seen nothing on QC – even if the software gives the bearing capacity values, these are difficult to compare in field. Maybe it is impossible, too idealistic goal – but step-by-step? As in many cases, the standard requirements have been specified on wide basis, same requirement from village path to highway – there should be something in between. And while we actually have quite capable and mobile technologies – lets try to use these.
Common base on LWD – we have altogether 6 units in Baltics from Dynatest. It is not too much, but at least to coordinate research, its OK.
Interested in Sweden and Denmark, why not Norway and Finland. That’s nordic dimension. But why not also some more from Eastern Europe. And Italy!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.